Acne is notorious for popping up during the hottest months of the year, but there are ways to get rid of it even when the weather is hot and humid. Follow these tips to get a clear complexion all summer long:
- Wash your face regularly. Acne can be caused by bacteria, which thrive in oily skin. Make sure to wash your face at least twice a day to get rid of built-up bacteria and oils.
- Use a sunscreen. Sun exposure can trigger acne, so be sure to apply a sunscreen every day when you’re outside. Choose an SPF of 30 or higher to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Acne can be caused by the skin’s natural oil production, so it’s important to use a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Avoid harsh detergents. Some harsh detergents can aggravate acne and worsen the condition. Try using a soap that’s specifically designed for acne-prone skin, or opt for a gentle cleanser.
- Use a moisturizer. Moisturizing your skin will help keep it hydrated and less prone to breakouts. Choose a moisturizer that’s specifically designed for acne-prone skin.
- Avoid over-the-counter acne treatments. Over-the-counter acne treatments can be damaging and can actually make the condition worse. Instead, try using natural remedies like apple cider vinegar or tea tree oil.