When you have breakout acne, it can be frustrating and difficult to treat. Fortunately, there are many ways to get rid of the pimples and clear your skin. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Clean your face regularly. Pimples are caused by bacteria, and the more bacteria you have on your skin, the more likely you are to breakout. Clean your face with a gentle cleanser twice a day, using hot water or a warm, wet cloth to remove all the dirt, oil, and makeup.
- Use a topical acne treatment. A topical acne treatment is a medication or mask that you put on your skin to clear your breakouts. Topical treatments work best when used in combination with other acne treatment methods, such as cleanliness and topical treatments.
- Use a retinoid. A retinoid is a type of topical acne treatment that works to clear your breakouts by shrinking the size of the pimples. Retinoids can be used in the form of topical cream, gel, or serum.
- Use benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is a type of acne treatment that clears your breakouts by killing the bacteria that is causing them. Benzoyl peroxide is available in the form of a gel, cream, or serum.
- Use sulfur. Sulfur is a natural ingredient that has been used to treat acne since the Middle Ages. Sulfur is available in the form of a topical cream or gel.
- Use a comedogenic sunscreen. Comedogenic sunscreen products are those that can cause comedones, or blackheads, on the skin. Avoid sunscreens that are known to cause breakouts, and use a comedogenic sunscreen only if you experience significant breakouts.
- Use a retinoid and comedogenic sunscreen. If you are using a retinoid and a comedogenic sunscreen, make sure to apply the sunscreen first and then the retinoid. This will help to prevent the retinoid from causing any breakouts.
- Use a retinoid and benzoyl peroxide. If you are using a retinoid and benzoyl peroxide, make sure to apply the benzoyl peroxide first and then the retinoid. This will help to prevent the retinoid from causing any breakouts.